5 Ways to Get New Patients to Visit Your Dental Website
Your website should be the hub of all of your marketing activities, both online and traditional. But what exactly does this mean? It means that prospective new patients should be directed to your website when the opportunity arises. Whether you’re running advertisements on Google or Facebook or publishing a blog post, your content should direct people to visit your website and ultimately through your specifically designed funnels to meet your marketing goals.
The purpose of your website, above all other things, is to get more patients seated in your dental chairs. The more chairs you fill the more your dental practice grows, the more money you make.
So, how can you drive more traffic to your dental website?
Focus on Search Engine Optimization
SEO is going to be your long-term strategy to get people to your website who are looking for what your practice has to offer. The higher you rank on Google and the other search engines the more people will click through to your website.
Consider this: anyone performing a search on Google or any other search engine is asking a question they want an answer to. The results displayed are the answers that the search engine’s algorithm believes best answer that question.
The content on your website, as well as numerous back-end technical aspects of your site play a role in how it ranks.
These components include:
- Content that includes keywords people are searching, but is written naturally so as to appeal to a person and not a machine.
- Your website’s load time. A website should load quickly to provide an optimal user experience, and increase engagement.
- How responsive a site is to the device it’s being viewed on. A mobile responsive website will rank better because it provides an exceptional experience to all visitors regardless of the device it’s being visited from. Learn more about mobile responsive dentist websites in this article.
Use Email Marketing
Anytime a person fills out a contact form on your website, becomes a new patient, or signs up for HIPAA compliant email you should make it a point to allow them to opt-in to receiving marketing emails from your dental office.
Marketing emails allow you to deliver important news directly to a person’s inbox, drives them to your website by including call-to-action buttons, and encourages them to share content on social media.
Email marketing technology is used by 82% of B2B and B2C companies. – Ascend2
With the prevalence of email marketing, you can bet that if you aren’t using it and your competitors are, you’re missing out on valuable traffic.
Allocate a PPC Budget
Businesses make an average of $2 in income for every $1 they spend in AdWords. (Google)
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) is an incredibly effective marketing tool that helps to target keywords you might have a hard time ranking for organically, such as your competitor’s name. PPC ads appear above Google organic search results and are differentiated by the word “AD” placed to the upper left of their listing.
This form of marketing is a great way to round out your overall online marketing campaign and put dollars towards keywords and demographics that promise a large concern. You can learn more about PPC for dental offices in this blog post.
But PPC isn’t just about the ad. You need a solid landing web page to take visitors to once they click (unless you’re giving them to option to call your practice). This landing page should include:
- Your unique selling proposition – what makes you stand out from others?
- A catchy headline
- Secondary headline to support your catchy headline
- State why you’re great
- Final paragraph
- Hero image – should support what you’re selling or offering
- Clear benefits of your offer bullet-pointed if possible (people don’t want to feel as if they have to search for hidden details)
- Your CTA – Call-to-Action Posts on social media can be effective in driving people back to your website if they’re written in an appealing way.
Social media is an incredibly effective way to get more than just existing fans of your practice to your website, but also those who are in their social networks. This is because social media creates an inherent trust in your practice when people see their friends interacting with things you post or writing reviews about you.
Some of the most popular ways to drive people back to your website from your social networks include:
- Sharing blog posts.
- Posting free offers that require people to exchange information or schedule a free appointment.
- Sharing reviews about your practice to pique interest.
Combine Your Offline and Online Marketing
Your online and offline marketing should work together. Just because online marketing is so effective doesn’t mean you should not marketing using traditional methods like TV or radio. Instead, find a way to marry the two. Some ways we’ve seen success include:
- Including your website address on commercials.
- Adding a special URL to radio ads that allows you to track those coming from radio ads and provides them with a special incentive.
- Include a tracking URL on direct mail pieces. Better yet, A/B test direct mail pieces with separate tracking URLs and compare results.