Dental Website Design Trends
A dental website that’s up-to-date on the latest web design trends is an important part of your marketing arsenal. Think about it. You could run an incredibly well optimized Facebook advertising campaign or have an AdWords account that would make even the most seasoned marketer green with envy, but if the website you send people to appears outdated, then it isn’t likely to be very effective.
You can ensure all of your online marketing campaigns are effective by making sure the website you send them to is functional, attractive, and most importantly, designed to meet their needs.
But how do you do this in a time where competition is fiercer than ever before and everyone seems to be vying for the same bit of business?
Users spend on average 69% of their media time on smartphones. –
Consider the statistic above. If users spend nearly 70% of their media time on smartphones, wouldn’t it behoove you to meet them where they are? And part of meeting a user where they’re at is accommodating their needs. This is why creating a website to be mobile responsive is so important. Websites designed this way adapt to look good on whatever device they’re being viewed from.
So a person looking at your site on an iPhone will see the same thing a person on an Android device sees, but it’ll fit each phone’s dimensions as if custom made for that phone.
This means that everything from images to your navigation to important call-to-action buttons will align in the perfect way to continue to move visitors through your marketing funnel.
Google drives 96% of mobile search traffic. – NetMarketShare
With such an astounding amount of search traffic coming from Google, it’s critical that your dental website design aligns with their standards of SEO. In addition to taking into account whether a website is mobile responsive, Google also looks at how users engage with a website. The more engagement you get on a site the more that signals to Google that the website is something people find useful.
There are several ways to increase engagement on your site:
- Video | Using videos on your website site is a surefire way to increase engagement, keep people on your site for a longer period of time, get them to move through the site (decreasing bounce rate), and increase shares. The engagement tells Google your site is useful.The shares, however, are real marketing gold. They not only signal to search engines your site’s efficacy but also get your name out to your loyal followers’ social networks. So, let’s say you post an educational video about teeth whitening. One of your patients watches the video, finds it useful, and posts it on their Facebook wall. Suddenly their friends are watching it. A couple share it to their networks, while another gives you a call to schedule an appointment. This is how social media marketing works. It gets your name in front of people using their online relationships. Video is an incredibly effective social marketing tool.
- Contact us | You want to make contacting you super easy. If finding your contact information is difficult, most visitors will simply leave the site. Additionally, if this information appears “hidden” people are less likely to trust you. The first thing to do is add a HIPAA compliant contact form to your website. This allows people to contact you with confidence.Second, make sure your phone number is obvious and located at the top of your website. It should be clickable on your mobile device so that it instantly dials your practice’s number. And, the number on your site should be tracked so you can see how many people are actually clicking it.
- Add social icons | Social media is where your users are. With that in mind, it’s important that you tell them where you are on social media. Include icons on your website that link directly to your social media accounts. Make sure these icons are both obvious and being tracked so that you can see the number of people clicking those links from your site to your social media accounts.
57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly-designed mobile site. – socPub
Design plays an important part of how people perceive a dentist’s website. So while you might have a mobile website, it’s important that you stay on top of visual design trends in addition to technical trends.
Here are a few to look out for:
- Big images | Large images that communicate the personality of your practice should be seen as soon as someone lands on your website. These images can link to other pages on the site, include CTAs, or even have a form embedded from the start. The goal of the large statement image is to command attention as soon as someone gets to your site.
- Bold typography | Say goodbye to boring fonts like Arial. This year is all about stepping out on a limb and choosing a unique typography that instantly tells people what your practice is about. Maybe it’s a modern block font or a romantic calligraphy that communicates class. Whatever your personality, choose a font that compliments it. Read more about typography in this blog post.
- Unique colors | Black and white should only be a color scheme you stick to if that’s what your practice is all about. Use colors that say who you are in your dental website and be prepared to stand out from the competition.